Monday, June 14, 2010

The Truth.

The truth is that I'm kind of getting the hang of this pregnancy thing. I've been feeling pretty great for the last few days...I mean all things considering. My belly is still hugemongous. My back still aches most days of the week. My feet and fingers still swell. I still get exhausted after a full day of work or even just standing in one place for 5 minutes. And my baby still kicks in some really uncomfortable places. But all of those things are starting to feel normal. In fact, I can't remember what my body felt like before all those wonderful pregnancy symptoms started.

I know I may come across as being completely uncomfortable all the time and I really am uncomfortable all the time. But it isn't such a burden these days. It's just the state of things.

Maybe this new found clarity and lightness is a result from the productive weekend Ray and I had. I now feel really ready for this baby. Everything in our home was just starting to feel so cluttered and my list of to-dos was feeling endless. In truth, neither of those feelings were based in reality, since we were able to tackle my to-do list in one relaxed weekend. Oh well. I'm just so glad we got it all done. And I'm thankful for my marvelous husband who was so helpful and giving. Hopefully I can return his amazingness with excessive love and affection.

In other news, I think I've finally figured out the difference between kicking and hickuping. I know, where have I been? But seriously, sometimes it does matter what exactly you are feeling in there, just that the little baby inside is healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment