Thursday, May 20, 2010

A little bit of Nesting

So I'm finally pulling out of my rut. There is nothing like a HUGE, MINDBLOWING hurdle (like Ray losing his job) to really force change. Well, bring it on change...I'm not scared of you!

Anyways, last night I was able to nest a bit. It was great! It was wonderful! It felt fantastic! I lined the inside of Marti's new/old dresser and put all her things in it. I folded her sweet little clothes for the nineteenth time (which is good. I need to keep practicing. My laundry folding expertise has not yet extended to little, itty bitty onesies. How does one really fold those nicely? I will figure it out eventually). I also seperated them into piles by size. We have the 0-3 months pile, the 3-6 months pile, the 6-9 months pile, and then the 9 months and on pile. Her corner looks much better now with everything tucked away. I'm glad to be making progress. There are only two big projects for her nusery corner left: (1) my little dresser project to make it a bit more fun and (2) redistribute the wall hangings now that we have everything figured out. I guess we also need to come up with some sort of diaper station...so thats makes 3.


But on top of that, I was also able to finally put my bedroom wall project into effect. I wanted to create a corkboard wall for Ray to hang his photos and paintings and other musings. I think my final product came out really well. I was hoping that painting the corkboard would add nice contrast, but it didn't turn out quite as I expected. Oh well. I still really enjoy the end result. And I think Ray does too, which was the point.


Probably should get back to work...

1 comment:

  1. i'm so sorry to hear ray lost his job! that sucks in a major way. i wish lots of luck on the job search.

    ReplyDelete